State bank of India (SBI) accounts opening requires an application in which a person fills an Account Opening Form (ACF) and produce the necessary Know Your Customer (KYC) documents. You can collect the account opening form to fill by hand or do the filling online then download to present the bank with a hard copy.
You will decide the type of account best custom essay writing services you want to open with SBI such as a savings account before you find an account opening form.
Filling AOF Online
- Fill up and submit all the necessary details online
- Print the account opening form on an A4 size white color papers.
- Attach all the required documents such as proof of identity and residence (address), photographs and anything else in AOF.
- Wait for the portal to generate a small customer reference number (SCRN) and note it down. You will also receive an SCRN on the registered mobile number of the applicant.
SBI Know your customer information
You should prepare to provide the following information before beginning an account opening process. You can find learn about the acceptable KYC documents through Drop down menu of the AOF, but you must do the following.
- Provide information about the type of account you want to open and features you would like it to have
- Fill form 60.SBI requires applicants without a PAN (permanent account number) of income tax to fill Form 60.
- Fill form DA-1, but it is optional if you are ready to make a nomination.
For SBI bank to know the customers well from their customers well it requires them to provide two recent passport color photographs in addition to the KYC document it mentions on the account opening form. Account applicant can provide copies of their documents but ensure that they produce the original documents when they visit a branch office for verification.
Offline SBI account opening procedure
You start by visiting a bank branch and request for an account opening form. Fill all the required details in the right fields and paste a recent passport size photo. Submit the AOF together with the KYC document. Those who submit a PAN card as their proof of identity may also have to produce another document for address proof.
It is not mandatory to get an AOF at a branch for an offline application. You can find it online by finding account opening link Httpsoaa.onlinesbi.com/oao/onlineaccapp.htm to enter personal information that will include:
- Official name
- Date of birth
- Local or permanent address
- Branch code of SBI branch where you plan to maintain the account
The system will generate two temporary reference numbers TCRN and TARN during the account registration process.
You use a TARN to take print out of an application form. Paste the latest passport size picture on the printout. The form is ready for submitting to a branch together with TCRN and a Know Your Customer document.KYC document can be a voter ID, a passport or a driving license. The bank also accepts an MGNREGA job card or an Aadhaar card. A customer service member of staff at a dedicated counter will read the form and open an account if everything in is right.
For a smooth opening of an account with SBI, ensure that you fill all the mandatory fields on AOF in an accurate way and submit all the essential documents.